upper lip swollen

hello, i have a problem. my upper lip started to swollen up on april 22. i went to the doctor and he said it was a cold sore( i never had a coldsore). i have been under extreme stress. he gave me some antiviral pills for 2 days. i took them and started to use abreva on it. than on day 3 i went to a second doctor and said he couldnt see any swelling and i didnt need additional pills.he assumed the pills stopped the coldsore. i told him he couldnt see the swelling because of the lighting. now its day 7 and the swelling has not changed. its still swollen and some red dots. no blisters, so im thinking it might not be a coldsore. under the sunlight it looks like a coldsore, but i dont know of any coldsore that wont blister in 7 days.can it be something else. thanks for any help
Have you eaten anything that was different that could have caused an allergic reaction?