wart or skin tag

I have had warts on my hands for some time now.  I now see some growths under my chin.  They seem to be looking like a dangling piece of skin.  My dermatologist, very quickly, said it was a wart...but it didn't seem like a very thorough inspection.  I did some research, and what I think it looks like is a skin tag.  Can you please identify what it is, I am preying that it is not a wart.  If it is a skin tag, can they spread on my face?  Is their a good chance more will come up?  I know its difficult to answer these questions without a picture, but I appeciate any answers given.  Please help!! thanks

You may be having skin tags or warts.

Skin tags are extensions of all the layers of the skin and are caused by obesity, diabetes or other causes.

Warts are caused by infections by viruses, leading to extensive growth of the outer layer of the skin. Warts spread through auto-inoculation as well as injuries at the sites makes them propagate, this is known as Koebner phenomenon. If this is a wart, there is a fair chance that more will crop up. Usually skin tags are smoother while warts are rougher in comparison on appearance.

It is important that they are examined and then treatment and precautionary measures may be needed.

Hope this helped.
Yes, but can a wart be dangling from the skin.  It is very skinny and i can move it around if i want to.  

That is possible depending on the type of wart it is. I think that is the reason i suggested that you may have to get it examined.

Please avoid scratching or pulling out, since in case of a wart, it may lead to auto-inoculation.
After getting it frozen, it turned black within 2 days, with a white tip on the end..  Does this help decide if it is a wart or skin tag.  Also, what precautionary measures should I take if it is a wart.  It is right where I shave.  I think their may be one or 2 more in that general area.  
Also, just wondering...I did research and found that the type of wart it would be is filiform.  Did I get this on my face from the common warts on my hand, or is it a totally different strand.  Also do they spread as rapidly as common warts do?  I've been fighting warts on my hands for over 2 years now, and now they are starting to go on my face, I'm terrified.
hi,

As far as shaving is concerned, as you would already know, any scratching or injury should be avoided. In your case, shaving would lead to further lesions and therefore should be avoided.

best regards

It is totally possible that this may be a cross infection due to the previous infection.

And they may spread as fast as the other warts do. I can understand that this may be terrifying to you, however, proper treatment and counselling may help you with this problem. Please be patient and do the necessary treatments and it will get okay.

Let me know if you may need more information.
I am not the healthiest eater.  Do you think a multivitamin has a chance of stopping this problem?
Also....I know this is stupid, but since I am now going to grow a beard, it has already gotten itchy (and i obviously don't want to scratch it).  Anything I can put on it to stop the itch?
Sorry to load on the questions, but I have one more.  I seems like the one he froze actually came off my face, 3-4 days after the treatment.  I have never had a wart fall off so quickly after treatment.  Is this evidence that it is possibly not a wart, but a skin tag?

Well, to answer your questions - i dont think a multivitamin would help much with your problem.

To stop the itching, you could apply calamine lotion at the site of lesion and take some oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

Keep us posted and let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.
I have a growth on the underside of my penis near the hair follicles.  It looks like a pimple with a black dot.  i cannot tell if that black dot is a hair follicle or not.  I had unprotected sex once over a year ago.  I showed my doctor and he could not tell if it was an inflamed hair follicle or wart.  Since it has been over a year and only one growth...what does it sound like it is to you??