white patch on bulbar penis

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/33nyv87.jpg[/IMG]

This is the image of the leison. There is no itch, pain or discharge or any other symptom. There was a tear in the prepuce early in winter for which i used vaseline, other than that everything is fine. I am applying a steroid now, without much response. what should i do?
I meant glans ..
It can be balanitis xerotica or lichen sclerosus. Another possibility is of vitiligo skin. Lichen sclerosus is a chronic disease which effects usually the genital areas in postmenopausal women. The exact cause is not known and can be too active immune system and hormone problems. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. Biopsy skin may be needed for this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.