white rash

hi my 3 yr old son develops white lumps on his face hands and whatever other skin is exposed to cold weather, it starts getting red then the lumps appear, i also noticed it happens when we go shopping to the supermarket or if the house is cold, he also gets swollen wrists knees and ankles and are red, once we are indoors the symtoms do go after a while.

i have seen a doctor and he seems to think it might be raynards disease but he dosent seem to get the same symtoms. please help.

It can be due to cold urticaria. Cold urticaria is a disorder characterized by the rapid onset of itchiness, redness and swelling of the skin within minutes after exposure to a cold stimulus.

Diagnosis can be made by an ice-cube test. Place an ice cube on your forearm for 4 minutes and observe the area for 10 minutes afterwards. If your son has cold urticaria, the area will become itchy and then swell approximately 2 minutes after removing the ice cube.

Treatment is avoiding exposure to cold stimuli, including swimming or bathing in cold water. You can give antihistaminics like zyrtec or tegamet. You should enroll him with Medic Alert and always carry Epi pen (injectable adrenaline) along with you.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.