white spots that have shown after i stop tanning and go away when i do tan, but it seems wrong to keep tanning cuz when i stop i know i'll have even more white spots

I am a 21 year old woman. I used to walk to the beach everyday and hang out wearing either no sunscreen or suntan oil with no spf. I am a fair skinned naturally dark blonde/light brown blue or green eyed (my eyes change between the 2) it could be a mutation. I don't know. I used to go to the beach everyday between ages 13-14. I never had any skin problems afterwards.But when I was 15 at the end of the following school year tanning salans became popular. My b-day was in the spring and I wanted 10 visits to the  tanning salan. I worked at the beach during summer inside a store. After achieving my 10 salan visits I was satisfied. I rarely went to the beach because I was always working and kept the tan showing by using self tanners all summer. I was fine, but then later on when that summer was over I began developing itchy white semi-large ( i would say noticeable) white blotches on my upper arms. I dealt with them that school year not thinking much. I just assumed I needed to spend time to moisterize. After 2 summers of not going to the beach because I got bored of the scene and felt it was silly to spend money on a tan I was barely exposed to any sun. I live in new england. I only get sun for 3 months if I choose. I think the white spots faded pretty much, not totally but not as bad as were. Then my senior prom came up and I went tanning 15 times before so. I was fine all summer. Then about 5 months later white patches began showing again. Then that following summer I decided to go tanning outside on my lawn during one of the hottest days of the summer (19 yrs old at the time) . I got a great tan that at first was an extremely red burn but faded into a beautiful tan color in about 2 days. That was fine. When that tan went away I had no white spots left on my skin. Then the following summer I was working a full time job inside a building where i was never outside. I missed having my summer tan. so i went tanning at a salon about 3-4 times a week for 2 months (june,july) . I looked great. When the tan was fading away finally in late september i had several white patches of skin on my breasts. They went away in about a month. My upper arms had even larger blotches than the last summer .I had noticed them and was kinda but not horribly grossed out ( like on google images) white clumps on my upper back and a couple on my lower back.They didn't go away though like the ones on my breasts.  I've covered them up all winter with clothing. And then this spring I began tanning again because I hate my spots. I recently finished a tanning package unlimited for a month (at most 30 visits) . I probably went 18 times. My spots are concealed because of tanning
but I know they will be worse than last years if I stop. I wanna know what I have because it sounds like Pityriasis alba or tinea versicolor but both diseases say from what i've researched that they become more noticeable when tan. My blotches are unseen when I'm tan but worsen when I stop. I don't know what to do??????????

This discussion is related to Tinea Versicolor.

If your lesions still persist, it would be best to see a skin specialist for a confirmed diagnosis .

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and also about what the specialist advises.

Hope this helps.

Regards.