Diabetes - Gestational Community
169 Members

Giving birth in the summer?

I was just reading that there is a new risk for gestational diabetes that they think they have identified- being exposed to hot temperatures a month before giving birth.  

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/health/summer-pregnancy-gestational-diabetes-partner/index.html

When are you due?  Do you think hot temperatures a month before giving birth is really a risk factor?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Maybe people eat more sweets and fruits in the summer?  Just a guess.  I would think this is correlation rather than causation.
Oh that's a thought- ice cream is definitely a bigger thing in the summer and all those fresh fruits are in season.