A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2.81k Members

Any news of curing fully diabetes type 1

Dear Sir,

Recently I read a news in a news paper saying that the type 1 diabetes can be cured fully & a new vaccine is invented for the same.
Plz give your comments & advise on this.
I 'm interested , because recently my son Master Chinmay  (7 years old)  detected a diabetes type 1. He has to take daily injections for around 4 times. We are worried about the same. Can be there any firm cure for this.

Thanks &
Best Regards/
Virag Saraf
Aurangabad,
India
1 Responses
There is no doctor on this board, only other diabetics. But to respond to your question, there is no cure or vaccine yet for diabetes. Don't believe everything you read. They are working on several promising areas of research and some people believe a cure could happen in the foreseeable future but medical research is a slow step by step thing taking years. I wish there was a cure right now or tomorrow; there isn't. What there is, however, is better and better ways to manage diabetes. Your son is diagnosed in an era where technology and medicine has advanced miles compared to when you were a child let alone when your parents were. I would focus on getting him the best possible care to manage his diabetes and live a healthy and happy life. Also, I don't know if they have diabetes camps in India, or you can afford to travel, but they are a wonderful experience for Type 1 children.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.