Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2.78k Members
971813 tn?1247807104

Boyfriend with Diabetes type 1 (uses pump)

Hi, I have a boyfriend with Diabetes type 1 who is 18 years old. As we have been dating for 9 months, I feel it is high time I know more about his condition. It is difficult to talk to him about it though, because he has been dealing with it since he was nine, and it makes him impatient to explain something that seems so simple and natural to him. I was wondering more about what he actually has to do every day. I have heard him and his family mention certain terms, such as basal levels, bolus, ABC, and others but the online information is so formal and confusing. If someone with type 1 diabetes who uses a pump could tell me more about what someone in this situation has to do to take care of themselves every day, I would love to listen. I just want to know more about what it is like to be someone living with diabetes.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.