Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Diabetes in children

My three year old son drinks a lot, uses the restroom quite frequently, and says he's really tired a lot here recently. What is a normal blood sugar for someone his age? And could he possibly have diabetes? He has a family history of both type 1 & 2 diabetes on both sides. He isn't losing any weight and plays as normal.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Normal blood sugar for a child is typically in the range of 70-100, with fasting numbers in the 70s - 80s (lower than for adults).  After eating it may increase, but should should not go higher than about 120.

Please have this looked at by a dr if you are concerned.  A 3 year old shouldn't be tired!
Children under five years old have a normal blood glucose range of 80 to 200 mg/dL. Five to eleven year old children have a range between 70 and 180 mg/dL. Children who are 12 years and older have a blood sugar range of 70 to 150 mg/dL.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.