A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2.78k Members
1650654 tn?1301586391

High Sugars - Insulin Pump Issues?

Lately I've been having weird issues and I'm a type 1 on a pump.  (generac humalog).  Sometimes it's great - Levels always between 84 - 150 (post meals).  But then I have these days where I wake up in the mid 200's and STAY there for hours even with taking adjustments. I'm so frusturated.  I'm on the pump to maintain the tight control that I always aim for and I'm not new to pumping.  Aside from the obvious things that I'm checking for - air in tubing, not infusing in scar tissue (that I can see / feel), not using old insulin...etc... I don't know what's going on.  It's sort of a hot and cold thing so I don't think it's my ratios or basal.  I'm so frusturated.  I'm very prone to anxiety / depression so when my glucose runs high I get panicky and feel like it's all crashing down.  It's making life very hard.  I'm also active (bikram yoga, gym, running) and it prevents me from feeling well enough to do these things.

Help? Anyone else gone through this?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.