Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2.81k Members

What are the sypmtoms for diabetes in a toddle

My son is 18 months old, and I am concered that he may have diabetes. He does drink a lot of milk. As far as eating, sometimes he eats well and sometimes he does not.  I did have diabetes while I was pregnant, but now I am okay.  
Is that something that I should be concered about with him.  Also, daddy likes to give him ice cream and I do not think it is a good thing, is that something that I should be concered about as well.  Please if you could give some signs and symptoms of diabetes for toddlers.
Thank you in advance.
2 Responses
hiya.. i  had diabetis in pregnacy also but i think it depends on wether you needed insollin or not i only say tht because i was at the docs this week with my 7 year old he has been weeing up to 9 times an hour for the past 2 weeks she did urine test but said everthing clear she said it could be the onset of diabetisand to make notes of the times he goes to the toilet and if hes still the same in 2 weeks to take him bk and she will give him a blood test i then told her i had it in pregnacy she asked if i took insollin i told her no diet and she sorta said oh thts ok so i gathered from tht it must not affect the child but i dont know i couldnt go into more with her as iam living in spain and dont really speak must spanish which dosent help me.
xxx
Hi i have a son who is insulin dep diabetic...the signs of diabetes before diagnosis for him was extreme thirst eating alot , using toilet alot and changes in his mood or acting out of character. I do not think that you having diabetes in pregnancy would have any bearing on your son but if you are worried see your dr....good luck take care.....claire scotland x
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.