Diabetes - Type 1 Community

irregular symptoms in children

I have a concern that my child may have diabetes. I have been doing research on symptoms etc. to see if he fits the criteria.
My question is, Do children normally present the symptoms on a daily basis or can it show up with a matter of 2 or 3 days in between episodes? These with him are bed wetting,extreme hunger ,
episodes of weakness and severe vomiting with no explained reason. The vomiting only occurs every few days but the other symptoms are daily. He dispalys a few other symptoms but these are the most extreme.
i am nopt aphysican ,but the momof a type one diabetic.  

here are the symptoms of type one diabetes.
The symptoms may occur suddenly, and include one or more of the following:

Extreme thirst
Frequent urination
Drowsiness, lethargy
Sugar in urine
Sudden vision changes
Increased appetite
Sudden weight loss
Fruity, sweet, or wine-like odor on breath
Heavy, labored breathing
Stupor, unconsciousness
If you think you have diabetes, call a doctor immediately, and drink fluids WITHOUT SUGAR to prevent dehydration.
Yes, these are all symptoms of type I diabetes in children. My child was wetting the bed, extremely thirsty all the time and was vomiting; his vomiting, we think, was contributed to a stomach virus he had at the time. We took him to the ER due to dehydration -they did a blood chemistry and his blood sugar was 399-they immediately admitted him to ICU and he was put on IV insulin. He's been a diabetic now for 3 years-he's now 9. He's has handled it amazingly well! In my opinion, I would definetly have the pediatrician run some further test on him to see if this could be the factor with your child. Hopefully not, but understand-technology has come a long way and diabetics can live long healthy lives if they'll get up off the couch, exercise and eat right!!!