A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2.81k Members
1073484 tn?1257162512

my daughter's eye 2

Well, you're right about that Zoelula, thanks. Proper blood sugar management to near normal levels is the key. But to prevent complications from ever developing to a person with type 1 diabetes especially if the disease manifest early during childhood is i think a shot to the moon. Realistically,we  can only  hope to delay the onset of the myriad complications first of which is, eye problems, most notably retinopathy. Some people manage it for decades, and some only years. I just hope we can manage this condition long enough for my daughter to live a fuller, and normal life ahead. Thanks for your support.  
1 Responses
Another hopeful thing for children diagnosed today is all the improvements that are happening. When you look back to what Type 1 adults today diagnosed as children had to deal with it's incredible: much less effective insulin types and dosing, no pumps, NO METERS, urine tests to monitor blood sugar, it is incredible. We've come a long way and I think more advances will happen as your daughter grows.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.