Diabetes - Type 1 Community

numbness in foot

ok earlier today i reliezed a numbness on the top-side of my foot right before the base of my big toe on my left foot. i am 15 and ive only had diabetes 5 years with pretty good control. when it first started i thought maybe i was just witting on it but when i still felt it about 5 hours later i started to get worried. i didnt injure my foot recently and i do not know what can be causing this feeling. is it the diabetes? i dont think so but it also does look a little numb. i spoke to my mom about it and she says to see if it gets better withen the next couple days, if it doesnt we will call a docter. can this be something serious?
I am not a physician, but a volunteer and the mom of a type one diabetic.

I would suggest you see a physician about this problem, because neuropathy is can be
complication of diabetes especially I the legs and arms.