Diabetes - Type 1 Community

possible diabetes?

My 3 year old daughter who was potty trained at 2 1/2 has recently started wetting her pants at various intervals.  She was diagnosed with two different bacterial infections and their has been blood and inflammatory tissue in her urine.  This past time she did not have an infection but finished out her medicine anyway.  It suddenly hit me that last week was Easter and she's been eating an extra amount of sugar in her daily diet. She also has been drinking a lot more.  She wakes up at night to drink. She literally will go to the bathroom before dinner and then wet her pants during dinner (and three year olds don't stay at the table long).  She seems to be producing excess urine and goes through 5-6 outfits a day and sometimes wetting her pants 5 minutes after using the bathroom. It seems out of her control.  She is cranky and irritable too.  Is there a possibility that she could have diabetes?  I know of no family history but we do have a history of auto-immune, thyroid and pernicious anemia from both sides.  Thanks for any suggestions.  
Hi.  I'm not a medical professional, just the parent of a kid with diabetes.  Unfortunately, your daughter's symptoms match up all too well with the classic symptoms of diabetes.  Bed wetting, drinking a lot, peeing a lot, tired and cranky are all symptoms of diabetes.  I would recommend that you make an appointment with your family doctor as soon as possible for a simple glucose test.  Good luck.