Constant severe non focused abdominal pain, probably neuropathic in nature, along with nausea but no vomiting. Pain is noticeably enhanced by food intake resulting in refrainment from eating. Major weight loss, weakness, severe pain, loss of energy, and low moods.
• 50 year old female.
• Brittle Diabetes type 1 for 23 years.
• Unable to stabilize blood glucose levels because of inability to anticipate the rate and time of metabolism due to gastroparesis
• Last HbA1c 7.9
• Daily Glucose values varying between 40 and 300.
• No damage to eyes and kidneys.
• Autonomic neuropathy with proven gastroparesis and very severe motility problems (both gastric and colon) causing constant constipation.
• Known severe nerve damage involving the enteric nervous system (ENS).
• Severe neuropathic pain in right leg, left shoulder and more treated (successfully) with nerve blocks.
• Severe abdominal pain over the past 4 years, which is continuously getting worse.
Searching for a solution to the constant abdominal pains, which will allow for a normal diet and an active life style without constant daily pains?