Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Diabetes testing procedure ??

I am from india.
As i ran out of test strip , I Just went to lab near me my house for testing blood sugar . The charged me 20RS and they said that it would take half an hour to give result . I thought that it would be instantaneous, they said they don't use glucose meter and strips . They said they use some other more accurate method.

Is there any other things other than glucose meter to check glucose levels ??? ( Without test strips ). Which would cost only very less as the laboratory charges me .
No, there is no other method to check blood sugar than glucose meter and strips. I don't know if there is somewhere you can buy cheap strips in India. You also could possibly get them online. If you have insurance you should have your doctor write the prescription for more strips so you don't run out.