Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Fasting glucose level

I want to ask about my blood test. I had fasting glucose 98 (normal is 74-100) and hba1c 4.8. Is this what i should be worried about? Is such high level of glucose can develop organs damages?

Thanks for help,
F
how do you figure 98 is high when normal is up too 100?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your fasting blood sugar is at high end of normal,  but your hba1c is normal. Did you ready a lot of carbs the day before the test.  

You probably don't need to worry about diabetes at this point. Focus on healthy minimally processed diet,  exercise,  maintaining normal weight.  
Your number seem to be normal especially your A1C. This test is a picture of your blood sugar over a longer period of time. Your 4.8 indicates good long term levels. A fasting level- even though your's is good- can be affected by many things and a single high level is not indicative of anything. Your numbers are fine, dont worry.
Your A1C is excellent.  Don't worry about 1 fasting glucose test.
Even it's not bad.  Anything under a 100 is fine.  Of course lower, is better but your's could have been 98 for a lot of reasons.