Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Foot pain

I have been a type 2 diabetic for 7 years now.  I have never had any foot problems until recently.  

A few weeks ago I notice a pain whenever I walked underneath my foot on the padding between the toes and arch. The area hurts to press on it or even massage it. There is not wound there just extreme pain when I walk.  If I walk in shoes or slipper the pain is less because it is cushioned. but if I walk in socks or barefoot the pain is worse.  

I don't know what this could be. My husband had taken a look and he says theres nothing there. I made an appt with my diabetic doctor but I can't get in till april 30th.

what do you all think.
Diabetic Neuropathy sounds like to me ..your Dr might have you take a EMG test to find out