Growth Behind Eye

my mother had an eye "sonogram" done and a growth or bump was found behind the eye. the doctor informed her there is no treatment and eventually would lead to blindness. he checked to see if there was any fluid leaking from it, which there was not. her initial appointment was in June and nothing was found or wrong...December this growth was found. It is apparently fast-growing. He says it is from her diabetes, but her diabetes is well controlled with exercise, diet and medication of glucophage. I am not understanding what this is, or why it has happened. Might you be able give me some answers please?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Sorry to hear about your mother.  Sounds like the MD is using diabetes as a catch all for anything that happens to her.
What type of doctor is " the doctor"? I suggest your mother seek a second opinion from an ophthalmologist.