Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Night Sweats & Morning Headache

My endo prescribed Metformin for me almost a year ago.  My A1C was 5.9 in April 2015, down from 6.0 in December 2014.  I've noticed that when I miss taking the Metformin pills (I'm forgetful), I sleep better at night, and when I take it as prescribed (2 pills morning & 2 pills night), I wake up around 2am every night, with a sweat soaked pillow.  This has been going on for a couple of months now.  Recently, I've started waking up with mild headaches.  What's going on?
can you check your BG when you wake up in the middle of the night?
I haven't been checking because my endo did not instruct me to and I hate pricking my fingers.  Now all of my test strips are expired by a couple of months.   I can use those strips, but will they be accurate?
dont use the finger tip/pad use the side of your finger tip,  less nerves there = less pain.

Dont know about the expiration date. can you find someone else with a meter and compare readings with the SAME drop of blood?  Note meters have a 20% error so one meter can say 100 and another 118 and there both good.