A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.5k Members
1414706 tn?1322598630

Night Sweats & Morning Headache

My endo prescribed Metformin for me almost a year ago.  My A1C was 5.9 in April 2015, down from 6.0 in December 2014.  I've noticed that when I miss taking the Metformin pills (I'm forgetful), I sleep better at night, and when I take it as prescribed (2 pills morning & 2 pills night), I wake up around 2am every night, with a sweat soaked pillow.  This has been going on for a couple of months now.  Recently, I've started waking up with mild headaches.  What's going on?
3 Responses
can you check your BG when you wake up in the middle of the night?
1414706 tn?1322598630
I haven't been checking because my endo did not instruct me to and I hate pricking my fingers.  Now all of my test strips are expired by a couple of months.   I can use those strips, but will they be accurate?
dont use the finger tip/pad use the side of your finger tip,  less nerves there = less pain.

Dont know about the expiration date. can you find someone else with a meter and compare readings with the SAME drop of blood?  Note meters have a 20% error so one meter can say 100 and another 118 and there both good.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.