Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Stephanie - Diabetes question

I am 54 yrs old, weigh 297lb, 5'6". Today I was feeling very shaky and my eyes felt like they couldn't focus properly. I had a glucose monitor with me and it measured 10.7  two hours later it was 7.7 Is this reason for concern?
.
Yes, 10.7 (192.6) is too high, and your symptoms sound concerning. I would see a doctor and get an A1C test which is a test of average blood sugars for a couple months. You can even buy a kit and do it at home. In order to reduce blood sugar you need to reduce carb intake, exercise and lose weight. Your doctor may also put you on an oral medication at least until the numbers come down. Don't ignore it, the consequences are not good.