Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.45k Members

TYPE 2 DIABETES

I AM A 74 YR OLD RETIRED MALE (6'2"- 200 LB- ACTIVE).  I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES LAST FALL.  I LOST 25 LBS AND MONITER MY DIET & ACTIVITIES TO HELP MY DISEASE.  MY LAST CHECK-UP LAST MONTH WAS VERY GOOD.  I TAKE 1 TABLET OF METFORMIN 500MG  DAILY AS MAINTENANCE.
MY PROBLEM IS THAT MY FEET TINGLE WHEN I AM ON THEM  DURING THE DAY TO THE POINT OF FEELING ACHY.  WHEN I AM OFF THEM AT NIGHT THE TINGLING SUBSIDES.  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON THIS SITUATION FOR ME?  I WEAR GOOD FOOTWEAR.  COULD IT BE THE METFORMIN?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!
THOMAS ROGERS
1 Responses
Please don't type in all CAPS. On Internet forums its akin to SHOUTING at someone. We can hear you just fine in lower case.

"MY LAST CHECK-UP LAST MONTH WAS VERY GOOD."
What is very good? Are you saying your fasting glucose was normal at your last checkup? Have you had an A1c test recently? Are you testing your glucose with a home meter on a regular basis? I say all this because its quite possible your weight loss lowered your glucose to normal levels to where you don't need the Metformin. Its also possible that you need to see a foot doctor (Podiatrist) to see if you are experiencing circulatory issues. But without knowing these answers its hard to say.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.