Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.44k Members

diabetes diagnosis question

My bloodwork has always come back perfect as it relates to diabetes but I do feel I have some of the symptoms periodically like frequent urination, tiredness, fatigue, even periodic finger numbness, etc... The question is this: Can you have diabetes without blood work presenting it? And if so how do you make sure?
10 Responses
141598 tn?1355675363
Get this lab; hemoglobin A1C (HGBA1C or hbA1c) to see if you are a diabetic candidate. The test measures glucose on red cells over the past three months. Range varies depending on your lab. Mine is <6%. For further explanation go here http://www.ucsfhealth.org/adult/adam/data/003640.html
there are other things besides diabetes that can cause your symptoms.  However, do what the above poster said.  Get a H1C hemoglobin and see what your 3 month range is. .
Thanks for your comments. What are some other problems you mentioned associated with these symptoms like fatigue, tingling of extremities, etc...?
just to name a few.  Fibromyalgia, carpel tunnel, stress and so on
I went to the doctors last week because I had the following symptoms: I get shakey, feel famished at times, my tongue feels funny, lightheaded, weakness, and I have been getting nausea..........

Other symptoms I have recently developed are slight body oder (which I NEVER had before) and what appears to be hot flashes.

I took bloodwork for anemia, thyroid, sugar...........etc. My sugar levels came back high (so I was told).  They had me come in to do more testing and these tests came back normal.....

I know I am NOT losing my mind. I am having these symptoms which use to be infrequent have turned frequent! This has all happened within a months time.  Do you have any answers?

Sincerely,

Francine
I cannot control my blood sugar, it is all over the chart. For example two days ago I tested it after dinner and read 156, last night I ate the very same food and tested it to 273.  Can someone please help me?
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.