A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.44k Members
Business man1

diabetes

External User
I am doing proper dieting and maintained good health condition,now doctor is mentioned like i am having diabetes.can i check with some other good doctor for second opinion and also provide me the symptoms of diabetes too..
8 Responses
Business man2
External User
yes,you can consult with another doctor.always having second opinion is best.
Business man1
External User
thank you for the suggestion
Male
External User
you can consult with doctors in online pharmacy chat too
Business man1
External User
sure,need to do it soon before the situation become critical
1423357 tn?1511089042
You can also go a a place like Walmart, and for about ten bucks, purchase a test meter wihich will give you a pretty good idea of where you stand as far as blood glucose levels.  To get a base line, the best time to do this is first think in the morning upon rising and before you consume anything.  The meter's documentation will give you the whole run down.
141598 tn?1355675363
If you provide further details on your consultation with your doctor it would help narrow down what you need to do next. Under normal circumstances doctors do not "mentioned like i am having diabetes." unless he/she has test results to back up their statement. Please answer the following questions in detail:

1.) Did you or did you not undertake a glucose [blood sugar] tolerance test?    
   1b.) A fasting glucose test?
   1c.) An A1c test?

If yes to any of the above what were the test results? If you do not recall or do not have the results you can ask your doctor for lab copies. If residing in the USA it is your patient right to have copies of all your lab results. By seeing your test results we can determine where you stand.

If no testing performed you need to contact your doctor and inquire why he/she feels your are "having diabetes". And, to clarify "having  diabetes" you are classified as either normal, prediabetic, or diabetic [type 1, type 2, or type 1.5]. Telling us which one helps us help you so we can provide appropriate responses.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.