Diabetes - Type 2 Community

diabetes

diagnosed a type 2 diabetic last year but doctor thinks I have had it for 15years. I never went to see them until I got problems with my sight I have prolific diabetic retinopathy and am now register blind. I have metformin and am having laser to try and save some sight in one eye. I had all the blood tests before they confirmed diabetes and 2weeks ago they said they wanted a urine sample which came back high they nurse said so I had to repeat it. Had a call to go see doctor tomorrow as they said they next sample was abnormal. what do they mean and what should I expect when I see doctor tomorrow. Also my skin is so itchy should I tell him.
Tell them everything...  Diabetes is manageable, sorry it took you so long to find out your diabetic.  Getting control of your BG will help with the retinopathy. or at leas prevent it from getting worse.