Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.45k Members

diabetic neuropathy

I was dx'ed with type 2 diabetes in 1990. and took all the meds and diets and so on. About 6 years I noticed a small spot on my left side of my abdomen that felt like a rash but, noyhing was there. Within 7months it spread throughout my entire body and, had an emg done and was told it was diabetic neuro.meanwhile I am on Social security disability from over a dozen orthopedic surgeries. All my joints just all started hurting one night all at the same time. I then started having night terrors and sweats. Then all my muscles started.and the sweats all day and night. and severe pain. I did all the meds neurotin, Lyrica, Cymbalts etc... I am now on 80mgs oxycontin, percocet , paxil,lamictal and several other meds for my heart and honestly feel there is something else going on. I am so depressed, and live in my home. I went from a semi pro bass fisherman and outdoorsmen to a recluse. I don 't know what to do or who to see. I've been to neurologist, internist gastro, cardio. and don't know wher to turn. Nobody I talk to has all these issues. I need help!!!!!!!
1 Responses
141598 tn?1355675363
"I've been to neurologist, internist gastro, cardio."

The top doctors in the country are found practicing at academic medical teaching centers located on or near a major university. You also will find the latest state of the art test equipment there. I believe the closest to Levittown is Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.