Diabetes - Type 2 Community

insulin

I m on acarbose 50mg, Amaryl 1.5mg, Metformin 2gm vildagliptin 75 mg . my FBS is 110, but PP is 180 to 220 some time 150mg% HbA1C is below 7 (6.8 to 7) my DMt2 is since 1991 should I start Galarzin Insulin once daily? Thanx

This discussion is related to Introducing the Diabetes Tracker.
COMMUNITY LEADER

we are not doctor's here so we can't give advice replacing that of your doctor.

Are you at optimal weight?  How is your diet - low carb tends to give better BS results?  Are you exercising regularly.

If you can't manage with lifestyle measures and oral meds, then insulin is your next step.  Just when that step is taken is between you and your doctor.  Get a second opinion if you are not happy with your doctor's advice.