tingling burning sensations

type 2 was detected after i went into hospital for an ishemic stroke. it affected my left side, numbness tingle, burn,  this seems to stay the same.  i do tingle and get weird feeling in my right foot, toes, im wondering if tyhat could be nuerothopy.    i take 1000 mg/ metformin,  numbers are 5.2   i do jump up to 175/180 on occaison, highest has beeb 242 only once ,  can this be controled tighter,.  i have stress due to stroke now,  hard to control the thoughts. cold weather also seems to make me tingle more ,everywhere.  is this normal.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Sounds  like you are doing quite well with your diabetes care with A1c being 5.2. Blood glucose values varies depending on when measured, so will not comment on that. The tingling burning sensations in your feet are due to a breakdown of sensory cell function, a complication of diabetes. It may eventually contribute to neuropathy.You can get help by learning and using an alternative therapy called WarmFeet. It is a relaxation technique designed to improve blood flow to the (periphery) feet delivering more oxygen and nutrients to those tissues. A side benefit is the stress management effect which will help lower your stress levels as well. Instructions and biofeedback assisted relaxation for this therapy is available at http://www.WarmFeetKit.com. If you decide to do regular daily practice  with WarmFeet, I believe it will be of great help to you. Let me know.