Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.44k Members

type 1 diabetes and insulin

I stopped taking insulin injections about 2 months ago and havent taken anything at  all..I have lost alot of weight but I was losing before I stopped taking insulin. I have lost 6 pant sizes but have no bad effects from the not taking insulin. should I have any symptoms from not taking the insulin by now? I don't have any thirst issues nor do I have any frequent urination issues is there anything else I should be seeing from not taking the insulin?
11 Responses
I take that back. I have taken 1 to 2 injections in that 2 month span. before I was on 20 units 3 times daily I lowered the dose to 10 units 3 times a day as I lost weight because the 20 units was way to much and the last 2 months I have only taken 1 to 2 shots of 10 units each.
and I know i'm a type 1 diabetic because I have been taking humalog and lantus for last 11 years and havent in the last 2 months with the exception of 1 or 2 injections.
757137 tn?1347200053
What are your sugar readings - fasting - after eating?
128 and 143...and before when I was taking insulin for the last 11 years they have been over 200 at times..now that I am not taking anything I feel really good and I was losing weight as i was taking insulin and still losing weight after stopping insulin...
757137 tn?1347200053
I don't see how you could have been a type I diabetic. Your after eating blood sugar is not high. Your fasting blood sugar is a little high. What does your doctor say? Are you sure you weren't a type II diabetic?
no, am type 1...when I first was diagnosed. my sugar was over 800 I was in hospital for a few days trying to lower it..i was constantly urinating and they tried pills first but went to humalog and lantus on a sliding scale..I've had been taking 20units 3 times a day for last 11 years. started losing alot of weight on my own and went down to 10 units twice a day and then last 2 months i've only taken 2 injections of 10 units and I dont feel bad at all. i'm still losing weight slowly
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.