Diabetes - Type 2 Community

type 2 diabetes

I have been diabetic for about 10 years now & I have always had this problem and have tried several different medications. Glucophage, glucovance with avandia, and now Januvin for about a week.  My accuchecks are the highest in the morning fasting. Nothing I do seems to change this.  No matter what, my blood sugars are between 187 and 290 every morning. Just FYI the Januvin does not seem to be working much at all, expecially with the overnight #'s. I will continue to take the Januvin for the rest of the 4 weeks and see, but I am not optimistic. Why are my blood sugars so high in the morning?
Are you having a bed time snack? What are you eating during the day....I don't have diabeties but I had it when I was pregant and I know all about diabeties...
It is because that there is normal increase in the normal stress hormones especially cortisol and glucagon which increase blood glucose in the morning. But, it looks like you sugar is not controlled. What is your normal blood sugar level in the afternoon or night time