Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
445 Members

Prediabetes

I have been diagnosed prediabetic since a year now hb1ac at 46

I have been getting throat infection since then is the prediabetic condition linked to this ?

Also can I reverse my prediabetic condition
Hello and welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.  It's so important that if one is determined to be prediabetic that they work hard to prevent diabetes from becoming their diagnosis.  You can help yourself in this situation by changing your diet as well as regular exercise.  This article may be helpful to you.  https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/features/prediabetes-diagnosis-what-to-do  Paying careful attention to what you eat and moving more will help you maintain healthy weight which is an important part of managing prediabetes. Something else that is often overlooked but very important is proper sleep.  Make sure you get enough.  Talk to your doctor about prevention of diabetes for guidance.  As to your question regarding throat infections, I am not sure exactly what you are talking about.  If you are getting something like oral thrush, that is indeed linked to diabetes.  But sore throats as in tonsillitis are not.  
Tks it’s a mixed bag have been diagnosed pre diabetic and vit b12 deficient combined with reflux symptoms have gone through 6 months of PPI with no relief and recently on b12 tablets . So just trying to see if there is a link between all of these . Throat infection as in constant throat clearing and time to time soreness Escpecially in morning ( may be due to reflux)