Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
400 Members

Will insulin resistance turn into diabetes

Im 30 yr old and my dads family has diabetes. Recently last year I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance.  My testosterone was a little high but not over I think 44 the gynecologist said I have PCOS. My IR intolerance test for insulin was 115 the next over 170 the last draw my insulin and glucose was over 190. Will IR turn into diabetes?
Thank You!
Hi!
Insulin resistance increases the risk of pre diabetes and type 2 diabetes by increasing the demand on insulin producing cells in the pancreas. If you have insulin resistance, you must take care of what you eat, exercise regularly and check your blood sugar as often as specified by your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.