Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Generally Frustrated

I was recently diagnosed as being pre diabetic  A1C  6.1. The rest of my family are all type 2 and my father let his go wildly out of control. Along with other health problems he passed away 16 months ago. I'm trying to be proactive about my blood sugar. In the last 3 weeks. I have changed my diet drastically and  monitoring my blood sugar daily at fasting levels. Why am I having wild glucose changes. I'll hit as high as 128/dl  and then drop steadily over 2 days  maybe come up a point or two then drop like a rock about  about 15 points off where I started  an average of about  118mg/dl. Thoughts anyone?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also   our meters are only 80% curate (can have a 20% error)  so a 120 reading is the same as a 108 as a 96.  BG is ALWAYS changing.  
Helpful - 0
blood sugar can jump a lot because of stress sickness diet exercise. also some day you get a high at 7 am other day you get a high at 6 am different every day. sometime when you measure you catch a low sometime high. that why a1c is important it give you average.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.