Bad Side Effects from Metformin

hi any advice much appreciated, i have been previously using Janmut for my diabetics but have run out so i was told Velmetia was the same, while i sent away to CDO for this Velmetia i used Matformin and boy oh boy i got terrible side effects from joint pain to stomach pain to headaches to extreme pain left back shoulder blade pain going from back to my heart, gee that frighten me quite a bit, once i received the Velmetia  it worked ok for 1 day then a similar side effect started as previously mentioned but the back pain was on opposite side of my back the right side shoulder blade and a piercing headache like a knife was being pushed Lowell into my head over left eye, i now put this down to Matformin in the tablets, can anyone advise me what type of Diabetic tablet would suit me with out Matformin as part of the ingredients and what is MX3 Diabetic Tablet ? also i have though of getting away from chemical type of diabetic tablet and trying out Herbal type of Diabetic tablets, does anyone have suggestions on what type of Herbal Diabetic Tablets are ok to use and are successful and are available in Philippines at a reasonable price,... thanks in advance
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Dusty.

Some people say ampalaya tablets can help.

However, you should talk to your doctor about other meds.

You could also consider a very low carb / ketogenic diet, using which it may be possible to get off meds, if your diabetes is not too bad.

Helpful - 0
hi sal thanks, i heard ampalaya tablets might be ok for me only a few days back also MX3 tablets what ever they are, i will look on nett tonight for info, well living out in the sticks here north Mindanao real Tarzan country here, i very rarely eat bread let alone the sugar bread that are in the shops, eat some rice at times but not much but lately i have had a craving for some potato chips so my Mrs has been cooking me up chips for a feed, but over all i do not eat that much at all, anyhow sally thanks for your advice mate.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 2 Community