MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Choosing a blood glucose monitor?

How did you choose which blood glucose monitor to use?  Are there certain features that make one better then the other?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I use the Accu-CHEK, Avila which is paid for by my insurance company.
Helpful - 0
I use and like the convenience of the Breeze 2. Although I also have two others that will interface with my computer my go to is the Breeze 2.
Helpful - 0
I use the meter the insurance Co. will buy  the test strips for.
Helpful - 0
Tbd
shelle1970External User
I would look up reviews. I usually look at Amazon if its a product they carry because the reviews don't seem biased. Also there are alot of reviews and you can read the negative ones to see if their review seems valid. I hope this helps. Another way would be ask your local pharmacist which monitor sales best and be sure to compare prices of the strips
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 2 Community