FYI...takes 6-8 weeks for USPS to deliver unit. Mine came with 10 each test strips and lancets and a test fluid bottle. Calibrate to strip number prior to using.
Thanks! I filled out the questionnaire and am awaiting my moniter in the mail. I am no longer trusting the readings on my freestyle light. Its only two months old and I checked to make sure the strips were not expired.
I got a reading yesterday of 433 followed up seconds later by a reading of 99. Hopefully the new one will be better.
Inconsistent meter readings can and will happen. Here are some things you need to be aware of about home test meters;
1. Home meters run off of a photo cell battery. The battery may have drained below its normal usage mark resulting in inaccurate readings. Change the battery if your meter allows it.
2. Meters should be calibrated every three months.
3. Lets not forget that mechanical/electronic things fail out of the blue. This might be the case with your meter.
4. My test strips have an expiration date on the vial. Expired strips will surely give inaccurate results.
5. Consumer Reports rated only one meter with consistent accurate results. This was the Johnson & Johnson LifeScan Ultra OneTouch Mini. You can obtain a free meter by filling out this short online questionnaire https://www.onetouchgold.com/simplestart/