Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close
176495 tn?1301280412

cook books

I'm a type 2 diabetic, 58 years old diagnosed 2.5 years ago.  For quite a while I did very good job eating right but for the last year or so life has been very hectic and stressful and my eating habits have really taken a beating..my blood sugar usually averages around 130, my last A1C was 6.9 and I've gained back most of the weight (30lbs) that I lost..

can anyone recommend a good "every day" cookbook...not one where the meals look like something that belong an art museum..just every day meals for diabetics?  I'm not good at counting carbs, though I tried..

would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jim
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You're welcome.
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412
Thank you

Jim
Helpful - 0
A good starting point  http://www.diabetes.org/nutrition-and-recipes/nutrition/overview.jsp
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.