Diabetes Forum

Autoimmune type 1 diabetes

Hi Doctor, recently about 1 and half years diagnosed with type 1and a half diabetes and now on a pump. I went from hashimotos to lupus to diabetes to vitiligo. I'm getting episodes of low blood pressure 84/54 with foggy head/lightheaded as well. blood sugers are ok at this time but recently had a bad flu with 101 fever. always am dehydrated though I drink 6-8 bottles of water daily. What to do when these episodes happen???? Is there a specific test I should have done???? Whats causing the problem??? Though I'm an RN I can't figure this out. Please help someone.
I think that you should be tested for adrenal insufficiency as soon as possible, as this is one of the more serious concerns that will need to be addressed soon. Addison's(autoimmune adrenal disease) can give you some of those symptoms, and is often associated with other autoimmune diseases like Type 1 diabetes and vitiligo. It is very important that you have this done soon--please contact your doctor as soon as possible about this. If in the meantime you feel unwell with lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain, please go to your nearest ER as this could signal adrenal crisis(life threatening).
Aside from that, your doctor should also look into heart  concerns which could lead to the lightheadedness and low BP.
Take care of yourself.
Thank you sooo much for your response. I will talk to my physician. Now the issue will be if she listens to my concerns. thanks again!!!.
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.