Diabetes Forum

Blood Glucose Levels-Pre-Diabetes?

I just had a fasting blood glucose test taken.  It was 104.  I know 126 and up is Type II Diabetes.  Should I be concerned with this number?

Your fasting number of 104 mg/dL is considered in between normal and diabetes, referred to as "impaired fasting glucose(IFG)". While it is not diabetes, having IFG does increase your chances of developing diabetes in future. The good news is that you can most often reverse IFG back to normal through dietary changes, increased exercise and weight loss.

Hope that helps,take care
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.