Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Diabetes

I have been recently diagnosed as prediabetic but my dr is not medicating me.  I went and bought AntaGolin.  Please advise whether I can take this with safety.
Thanks
Jenny
1 Responses
291531 tn?1193614293
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
I am only marginally informed regarding this relatively new supplement called AntaGolin. I have not been able to find any medical studies using this supplekemt so I cannot remark on its effectiveness. Because there are no good medical studies with it, I cannot say with any confidence if this is completely safe. Any medication or supplement, particularly if it has not been subjected to FDA standards, should be taken with caution. Even "natural" substances can cause side effects, so please be careful.

Pre-diabetes is best managed with weight loss and diet changes. If you have other risk factors for diabetes, your doctor can consider starting you on Metformin. Perhaps you can seek a consultation with a nutritionist as a start.

take care.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.