Diabetes Forum

Metformin and Body Aches

I have been on Metformin for about a month (4 pills a day 500mg each).  I am not taking any other diabetes meds.  I feel constant fatigue and body aches.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, does it get better?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Some people do report that metformin makes them feel sleepy/tired.  Are you taking the medication for diabetes management?  If you are, how have your blood sugars been?  Are you taking the metformin for another reason (such as PCOS).  How many times a day do you take it?  

Generally, as your get used to the medication, the fatigue should lessen.  If the symptoms become very bothersome, you can discuss them with your doctor.  IF you have some more info for me, I may be able to be a little more specific.  Thanks and good luck.

Bridget
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.