Diabetes Forum

Prediabetes?

I am a 26 year old female and gave been having worsening symptoms recently.
Several years ago I had a high fasting blood insulin but not glucose test.

Recently I have been checking my fasting blood glucose myself at roughly the same time and before breakfast, however the levels are wide ranging.

Eg one day day 5.1 mmol (91mg/dl), then several 5.8 mmol (105mg/dl) then several 6 mmol (108mg/dl) then 6.1 mmol (110mg/dl) then 7.8 mmol (140mg/dl)

So my fasting glucose ranges from normal to high

Question, can pre-diabetes have fasting glucose levels that vary from day to day from some days as normal to other days being high?

Many thanks
Jen
Duplicate question please see previous response
that is is the hallmark of diabetes, your body cannot control its BG so it goes up and down or just up and up.  you have to control your BG with diet, exercise, medication.  
i am not diagnosed diabetic but wondering if i could be heading that way. so is it normal to have fasting blood glucose levels that fluctuate from normal range to say 6 mmol (110mg/dl) and over right up to 7 mmol (140mg/dl) if you are pre-diabetic?
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.