Diabetes Forum

diabetic patient with nausea and vomitting

My mom is having diabetes since past 14 years. From last 2-3 weeks she is having nausea and vomitting and is not able to eat anything. She has taken medicines- domistal, vomistop but there is no relief. Are these things related to jaundice.?
Thanks for using the forum.

If your mother has been sick for 2-3 weeks, she is at risk of dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, not to mention that her blood sugar has probably not been well controlled. I recommend that you bring her to see a doctor as soon as possible. Please take her to the doctor, an ER, or an urgent care right away.

Jaundice is a sign of damage to the liver. This is a serious medical concern and should be checked right away.

Cathy
2 to 3 weeks of vomiting is life threatening she can die of dehydration she need to see an MD or the ER (emergency room).  Please seek medical help
A related discussion, please help was started.
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.