Diabetes Forum

diabetic

how serious is foot pain in diabetics?  I have uncontrolled diabetes, do 2 shots of humilin 70/30  a day, I sit for 9 1/2 hours at work each day and I get serious sharp burning pain in the middle toes of the left foot while sitting aat work also while asleep where I wake up grabbing my foot.  How serious is this?? I'm very concerned due to the fact that i don't have insurance!!!
I am afraid that the pain from diabetic neuropathy can be very severe, although varying in descriptors--some people have sharp pain, while others have a creepy-crawly feeling, and others have all burning pain like what you described. It wil often improve with good control over your blood sugars, especially if you have not had the neuropathy for very long. but if not, there are a number of medications that can help. Most can be fairly expensive however, including  Lyrica and neurontin. For over the counter relief, you can try Capsaicin cream. For some it works wonders, for others not at all, but given your insurance situation you may want to give it a shot.
Good luck and take care.
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.