Diabetes Forum

type2 diabetes

Hi I have type 2 Diabetis and its not well controled wen or is it a good time to plan too have a baby
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is possible to have a healthy pregnancy with Type 2 diabetes.  You need to discuss your plans to have a baby with your doctor and you need to get good control over your blood sugars before you get pregnant and all throughout your pregnancy.  High glucose level, especially in early pregnancy, can cause harm to your baby.  This means that you may need to adjust your medication or you may need to go on insulin during your pregnancy to keep your blood sugars under control.  Also, you will need to check your blood sugars frequently (several times a day) to keep your levels within normal range.  

Discuss your plans with your doctor and your ob/gyn.  You may need to see an ob/gyn who handles high risk pregnancies so that you and your baby can be monitored closely.  It is so important for you to start your pregnancy off right- this means with your glucose levels under control.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.