Diet and Fitness Community

Is eating 1000 calories a day dangerous?

I had the impression that I don't really eat as much as I should, so I just did the math and realised that my usual calorie intake seems to be about 1000. I've been eating like this for over a year now and I'm not dangerously thin (my bmi is around 17), so I'm not sure if this is a problem. Will I get ill if I continue eating like this or is it ok as long as I feel ok?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Whether or not that's healthy depends on your age, your activity level and whether or not the calories you're eating are providing all the nutrients you need.