Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diet and Fitness Community
7.8k Members

Losing weight fast

Hey I'm 15 , 5'3, and I weight 125. I've gained a lot of weight lately but I barely eat, not because I don't want to but because I'm just never hungry. I usually eat a small breakfast, skip lunch, and eat dinner. I don't look heavy at all, my number is just high. I was 115 at the beginning of the year, any ideas why my weight has gone up so much?
1 Responses
There's a few things that could be going on, but first, let me state that I'm not a health expert by any means.  You are 15, so there is a good chance that part of your weight gain is contributed by the fact that your body is in it's peak growing time.  Your bones are growing, your muscles are growing, so naturally your weight will increase.  Now, seeing that your diet consists of a small breakfast and dinner would concern me, because you may not actually be giving enough of what it needs.  A common myth in thinking about weight, is that if you eat less, you'll weigh less, but at your age, your body needs energy, and not feeding it isn't going to help it.  Most importantly, and this may be hard to understand, don't get too wrapped up around your weight number.  Peoples bodies are different, and one person's density can be different from another.  My suggestion, would be to actually increase your diet to having a small, but nutritious lunch.  Your body is an engine, you should be feeding it 5-6 times a day, just in small portions.  The less food you give it, the less it will run, thus making bad weight stick around.  I hope this helps a bit
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.