Diet and Fitness Community

Losing weight without trying?

Why am I losing weight without trying? My doctor thinks it's either from cancer or diabetes. Here's my timeline of weight loss:

January - 283 lbs

May -246 lbs

Today - 201 lbs

Mind you this is without trying at all. No dieting or exercising.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Has your doctor done any tests to find out anything?  Both cancer and diabetes can be confirmed/ruled out relatively easily with simply blood tests.

Have you had your thyroid checked to see if you might have hyperthyroidism?  You need to get tested for TSH, Free T3 and Free T4.  You should also get thyroid antibody tests to confirm/rule out both Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Graves Disease, which are autoimmune thyroid diseases.  

While Hashimoto's is, typically, associated with hypothyroidism and weight gain, it's often characterized by hyperthyroidism and weight loss in the early stages.  Graves Disease is always associated with hyperthyroidism.