Diet and Fitness Community

What were the symptoms of your heat cramps?

Muscle spasms are the only sign of heat cramps. The symptoms of heat cramps are cramps that are:PainfulInvoluntaryBriefIntermittent (they come and go)Usually self-limited (they resolve on their own)
Was working in heat,and got very thirsty so,and my shirt was soaked with sweat.Iwent to eat at a restrant,and drank water.and Spiite"two glasses".I tried to eat but couldn"t.I started getting chilles,and skin got red spots.Then drank two bottles of water ,and one Gaterade.I Then started cramping in my upper abdomen,my back,and then to my right legg.Please tell me what I should eat or drink!Harold
The symptoms and signs of Heat Cramps were that I felt very disorientated followed by severe cramps in my calves, thighs, stomach, and top of my forearm.
I live in Arizona and I began running and walking in extreme heat.  On the first day, my foot cramped so I stood still until the cramp went away.  I made it home but the painful contraction or tightening was in my calf muscle. My second day out, I did not have cramping, but I sat down on the curb and could barely squat because my legs were so tight.  A local cop drove up while I had my head down on my knees to ask me if I was okay.  I replied, "I need to exercise," and walked away making it home in the sun.  I think the cop was trying to help me, not chase me off.  Anyway, I got home and iced my legs and was fine 2 hours later.
Two days before the heat cramps I experienced calf cramps in the middle of the night. The morning of the day I experienced heat cramps my hand had a cramp in the grocery store just writing one check. I worked all morning on an 80 degree day and later all afternoon with just a 15 minute break. At 6:00 pm my inner and back thighs cramped. I sat on the ground and stretched but the spasms lasted 5 to 10 minutes. I called my husband to pick me up at the job site. He arrived in an air conditioned vehicle but I had another set of cramps 20 minutes later. He helped me exit the vehicle so I could stretch. Ten minutes later I was in a bathtub with 6 inches of ice water and 6 oz. of salted beer. Twenty four hours later I have muscle fatigue and mild cramps if I exert. I have been taking in lots of fluids and some salt added to food, 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon per meal. I weigh 130 pounds and am in good shape for the work I was doing. I think I will up the salt on my food to 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per meal. I need to work again tomorrow evening!